Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Decline of GGP

After being interviewed today for a story on GGP, I noticed this piece in the Journal on the mall owner's decline (and hopefully not its demise -- the two week loan extension's up Friday). I'll let you digest it just as I still am doing as I type.

Maybe the last paragraph says it all:

The Bucksbaums, meanwhile, have seen their personal fortunes fall with the company's. According to friends, Matthew [Bucksbaum, the retired co-founder of GGP] and [his wife] Kay have decided to cancel their annual holiday party in Aspen.

3 comments:

CountingSheep said...

Great blog!!

Have you heard any comments on the unbeelievably low price for Strategic Hotels (BEE)? Has anyone spoken to Geller lately

David Stejkowski said...

Hotels and hospitality stocks have been beaten up lately. Have not followed BEE much since Gates bought in, except that I did read they adopted a one-year poison pill recently. I don't know its current debt situation. I do like Laurence Geller, though I do not know him personally.

Valencia said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Joyce

http://www.shunmigraine.com

 
-